Sportsman Super Weekend
5 October 2018
Sportsman Super Weekend Coming to Willowbank Raceway
Willowbank Raceway is launching a new weekend of Sportsman and Dial Your Own Bracket Racing with the RCE Performance Warehouse Jetcar and Sportsman Thunder on Saturday December 1st backed up with the Dash 4 Cash on Sunday the 2nd.
The RCE Performance Warehouse Jetcar and Sportsman Thunder is a round of the 400 Thunder Australian Championship for all classes with the exception of Pro Radial. The event will boast the added feature of Jet Funny Cars providing spectacular entertainment for spectators. The following day at the Dash 4 Cash racers will have the opportunity to compete for big prizemoney payouts. The Cars Bracket will pay $2,000 plus to the winner while Motorcycles and Junior Dragsters will both have winner’s purses of $1,000 plus. (The payouts will be boosted by all buy back money paid by other racers in the respective classes which could potentially double the purses) This Sportsman Super Weekend will become an annual feature in the Willowbank calendar with plans to grow both events year by year.
How the Dash 4 Cash works
· Must already be entered in Sportsman Thunder Meeting to enter and compete at this event also
· Entry fee $100 for Driver only
· Crew passes from Saturday event carry over
· 1 qualifying session only, run in 4 brackets being: Sedans/Coupes, Open Vehicles, Bikes, Junior Dragster
· All competitors proceed into Round 1 of elimination format racing
· Seeding based on reaction times from qualifying pass
· After Round 1, eliminated competitors may purchase a buy back for $50 into Round 2
· After Round 2, eliminated competitors may purchase a buy back for $250 into Round 3
· Once car brackets (sedans & open cars) are down to semi-finals, the sedan and open cars will be merged together into one bracket in order to determine overall Car bracket winners. Seeding for this to be established by reaction time in last round of racing within own brackets.
One Shot Bonus Round
· Racers can opt to participate in $50 entry, winner takes all, best package to take place during qualifying pass session
· Participants to nominate a dial-in and will be run in separate lanes to non-participants to administer timing system
· Car bracket Winner $2000, Runner Up $500
· Bike bracket Winner $1000, Runner Up $250
· SCG Race Parts Junior bracket Winner $1000, Runner Up $250
· All buy back fees, contributed from each respective bracket, will also be added to each of the Winner’s total prize money for that same bracket.
· Minimum 100 entries to guarantee prize pool to this value
Special Awards Sponsorship - $100 value minimum each award
A number of special awards are planned to be presented at the Dash for Cash. These may be products, services or cash awards with a minimum value of $100 each award. The style of special awards planned for each of the three brackets include
- Best Package (or first if more than one perfect package)
- Best Reaction Time (or first .000)
- Closest to Dial In (or first if more than one perfect DI)
- Oh So Close (smallest losing margin)
- Buy Back Bonus ( Buy back paid for 1st round loser with best reaction time)
- Hard Luck Award (Judged by Commentary Team)
For information regarding sponsorship of any of these programs contact Rob Oberg at the Willowbank Raceway Office