WILLOWBANK RACEWAY SUSPENDS RACING ACTIVITIES
Due to the Government restrictions on social gatherings Willowbank Raceway has suspended all racing activities. The dates noted on this page are not correct (unfortunatley can't be changed) and will be updated as soon as the restrictions have been lifted by the Government.
Unfortunately, these new measures will include the Test ‘n Tune, Diesel Assault, Racer Test Day, Street Series and Qld Drag Racing Championships round.
Willowbank Raceway is totally committed to resuming racing activities as soon as it is permitted by the Government.
In the meantime, we are working towards the best outcome for all stakeholders including sponsors, racers and patrons, examining all options before us regarding what may happen through 2020.
Test N Tune events are to cater for any individuals who wish to race their vehicles down the 1/4 mile .
Willowbank Raceway has responded to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) control measures instituted by the Federal and State Governments. We will proceed with some Test n Tunes with a raft of changes to the event structure to protect our participants, volunteer officials and event staff while complying with the government health regulations limiting any outdoor public gathering to less than 500 persons.
Please understand that this is an unprecedented time for all of us as we work to provide participants the opportunity to race their vehicles at events conducted within extremely tight constraints. The only alternative to the conditions outlined below would be to close the Raceway until the current health emergency is over. We would appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time.
General Public Spectators will not be permitted at this event.
Willowbank Raceway Life Pass and Sponsor Pass holders can attend the event but must notify the Raceway Office via email of their intention to attend prior to the close of entries so they can be included in the attendance count.
You can bring your friends as long as you have pre purchased a crew ticket with your entry online only
Racer/crew entry to the event will be under the below conditions.
To enter the event you need to log in/register go to the racers area and click on 'enter race' then you can choose which event you wish to enter
ALL ENTRIES/TICKETS MUST BE PREPURCHASED. IF YOU ARRIVE AT THE GATE AND DO NOT HAVE A PREPURCHASED TICKET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ENTRY WHETHER YOU ARE A RACER OR CREW
Racer entry - $50
Crew passes - $20 each (maximum of 3 per entry inclusive of students and kids all ages)
- All persons entering Willowbank Raceway on the event day must hold a pre-purchased entry or crew pass.
- All entries will be online only. No on day entry will be accepted.
- All crew passes must be purchased online with your entry. If you turn up at the gate and do not have a pre purchased entry or crew pass you will not be allowed entry under any circumstances
- Free Child entry will not be available. (If you need to bring your children to the event, they must have a crew pass purchased with your entry as crew even if they are under the minimum age for crewing. This is necessary as every person onsite including a child, is counted in the maximum attendance figure stipulated by the Government.)
- Entries will close midnight Sunday prior to the Test n Tune - This has been extended for Saturday 28th to entries closing on Thursday 26th March
- No late entries can be accepted
- Entries will be available on a first in basis. Once our limit is met, we will not accept any more entries. If at the close of entries, we do not have enough to make the event viable we will cancel it and refund the entries received for that date only
- Entries will not be refundable or credited for any reason unless Willowbank Raceway cancels the event.
- Entry to the facility is only on event day, no one will be permitted onsite the night before or permitted to stay onsite overnight after the event closure.
- All participants are encouraged to practice appropriate personal hygiene and sensible social distancing practices. Ample pit area is available to allow teams to spread out with plenty of space between.
- To reduce inter-personal contact, no cash will be accepted by catering outlets at the event. (Card/PayWave only)
- $50 to race, admits entrant only
- Spectators $20 adults
Wednesday / Friday
Gates open at 5.30pm and runs commence at 6pm
Gates open at 4:00pm and runs commence at 4:30pm
All first time entrants are welcome.
Drivers/Riders must have held an Australian Drivers license and if under 18 years of age the entry form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
All drivers/riders must wear an approved helmet, full length clothing and closed shoes (Boots & gloves for motorcycles). All safety requirements must be adhered to and may be checked over by scrutineering officials.
All street vehicles must abide by the street vehicle regulations below as a minimum
Please Note: Any off street/ATV/go carts/buggies etc are not permitted to run without prior IHRA Australia approval.
Street Vehicle Drag Racing Regulations
Helmet Standard chart click here
While Willowbank Raceway has introduced new Street vehicles regulations, Willowbank Raceway operates all events as an IHRA member track and all IHRA licenced vehicles /driver/riders must abide by the current IHRA Australian rule book at all Events.
Passenger Rides (cars only)
- Passenger MUST be 18 years old as a minimum - ID must be shown
- $20 per passenger - paid at scrutineering and is additional to venue entry fee
- Paperwork to be completed at scrutineering
- Only one passenger permitted in the vehicle at a time
- Passenger must have approved helmet, long sleeves, long pants and covered shoes
- Vehicle must have passenger seat, seat belt/harness and windows must be closed
- The passenger is only permitted to ride in the vehicle he/she has signed the indemnity form
- Vehicles must have a known performance of no quicker than 12.00 seconds.
- Helmet Requirements - IHRA licence holder is to abide by the current IHRA Australia rule book at any event. The minimum helmet requirement at Test n Tune and Street Series events for street vehicles (i.e - non IHRA licence holders) is AS/NZS 1698.
- Purpose built race vehicles, cars quicker than 10.00 and motorcycles quicker than 9.50 must comply with the relevant IHRA Australia Class and Safety regulations pertaining to the vehicles
- Any non IHRA licenced street vehicle running quicker than the Street vehicle regulations WILL NOT receive their time slip and will not be permitted to run again until the vehicle and driver/rider comply with all IHRA regulations.