Cancellation of the January Shootout events.
Following the announcement today by the Queensland Government of a mandatory 3-day lockdown for greater Brisbane, which includes the Ipswich region, unfortunately we have no option but to immediately cancel both the Test Day scheduled for later today and the event on Saturday the 9th of January 2021 in order to keep our fans and racers safe.
While we are extremely disappointed, but we have no other option but to make this decision.
We will be in touch with all ticket holders next week to discuss our refund or transfer policy for all tickets purchased for this event.
We thank you for your patience, understanding and support during this time
Willowbank Raceway hits Covid for a 6 with the match race to end all match races.
Covid may have forced us to cancel our 400 Thunder Championship round in January, but the Willowbank Board and CEO wanted to bounce back with something out of the box, the Match Race from Hell we are calling the New Year Shootout.
This event is to show our fans that nothing can keep us down and we will continue to push the boundaries of the sport into the future.
With Pro Alcohol, Top Bike and Door Wars (Pro Slammer vs Pro Mod) match races all coming together from across the East Coast to put on a show at the New Year Shootout at Willowbank Raceway on the 9th of January 2021. This event will highlight the very best of our Championship professional brackets.
What a way for Willowbank to kick off the 2021 season not only for racers but with also the fans with such a professional line up and match race glory up for grabs.
This will be an evening event with the Pro Sessions at 6pm, 8pm and 10pm to stay out of the heat of the day.
Get your tickets early because with this line up, you can bet they will sell out fast – just like the action on track. Remember, spectator numbers are strictly limited so get in early. Because we can’t wait.
Pit Locations - Group 1 pit area only allocated
Spectator Information - MAIN SHOW FROM 6.00PM
Pre-purchase your tickets online only, Tickets will NOT be available to purchase at the gate on the day.
Tickets will be available for purchase online on the day.
With Covid restrictions continuing to apply, it is important to get in early to ensure that you get your tickets and are not disappointed. Ticketing will be on a strictly first come first served basis. Once we hit our maximum capacity no further tickets will be issued.
Adults - $35
Student/Concession - $30
Kids – 13 and under FREE
Parking - $10
Spectator gates open at 3pm
- Children 13 and under are admitted free to this event
- Please note that children 13 and under are admitted free but are required to pay for reserved seating if required
- Concession prices - age & disability pension, DVA white & gold cards. Photo ID is required on entry
- Food & Drink are permitted with the exception of glass or alcohol
General Public Spectator information
- Tickets are now available online only
- Tickets will NOT be available for purchase at the gate on the day
- When purchasing multiple tickets, you MUST share the tickets with the other people attending so they can fill out their details and the ticket will be in their name.
- All tickets must be in the person’s name that is attending, this includes children
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- All personnel must practice personal hygiene and social distancing
All Life, Special, Fabulous 5, Season passholders wishing to attend the event must fill out the contact tracing form (click here), with the personnel attending under that pass number, and hand in at the gate on arrival
Corporate Experience – Must be pre purchased online
Open time - 3pm
Entry to Air-Conditioned Corporate Box with Cash Bar.
Includes entry into the event.
Only $100 per person.
All brackets will run the ALL RUN FORMAT
There will be 1 sighting pass and then the 3 rounds of racing, as per the 400 Thunder All Run Format, the sportsman All Run Format will be modified to suit DYO racing.
Brackets – Sportsman field sizes will be capped and will be on a first in basis, once a bracket is full we will put any extra entries on a reserves list
Door Wars (Pro Slammer v Pro Mod)
Pro Extreme Bike
Supercharged Outlaws - DYO
Top Sportsman - DYO
Modified - DYO
Super Sedan - DYO
Super Street - DYO
Modified Bike – DYO
Junior Dragster – DYO
Supercharged Outlaws - $250 (includes Driver + 4 crew)
All other Sportsman brackets - $160 (includes Driver + 1 crew)
Additional Crew Passes $20
All brackets are run as per IHRA Australia rules
Entries Close – Midnight Sunday 3rd January 2021
Competitor gates open 7.00am
CAS from 1.30pm
Qualifying from 3.00pm
Main Show from 6pm
There is a slight change to the entry process that you all need to be aware of, as everyone entering the facility must hold an e-ticket, this is noted below
- Log onto our website and Enter event as per normal – nothing has changed here
- Once your entry is accepted in the office you will notice when you go to your members area and click Racers it goes to ‘My Entries’ page, this will show the events you have entered into.
- There is a new tab ‘Crew Passes’ click on this; it will take you to a page that has all your tickets (included in entry and purchased ones) Tickets are only available 14 days prior to the event
- You must share your tickets with your crew/spectators, they will be required to fill out their details including the COVID questions and then they will receive the e-ticket
- Each person (including driver/rider) will need to have their e-ticket in their name to scan through the gate. This can either be printed or on a smartphone
- You the driver/rider will still need to collect your envelope at the gate, this will have your allocated crew tickets to collect your armbands from scrutineering
We will now have everyone’s details scanned into the system on race day. This is also the same process for spectators, everyone just needs to share the tickets to the person that will be attending on the day.
Prizemoney - Sportsman
Supercharged Outlaws - $700 / $300
Top Sportsman - $500 / $300
Modified - $300 / $150
Super Sedan - $300 / $150
Super Street - $200 / $100
Modified Bike – $200 / $100
Junior Dragster – $200 / $100