Queensland Drag Racing Championship
The Queensland Drag Racing Championships bring racers from all across the state to compete for a prestigious QDRC trophy and Track Champion status at Willowbank Raceway, delivering high-octane action for both racers and spectators.
Hosting championship racing for competitors across Serco QDRC Comp Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster and Top Sportsman brackets, the QDRC hosts on average more than 120 racers per round, with no shortage of thrilling action.
Willowbank Raceway is very pleased to be able to return to larger events under the Queensland Government approved COVID Safe Plan. We will proceed with some events with a raft of changes to the event structure to protect our participants, volunteer officials and event staff while complying with the government health regulations.
Please understand that this is an unprecedented time for all of us as we work to provide participants the opportunity to race their vehicles at events conducted within extremely tight constraints. The only alternative to the conditions outlined below would be to keep the Raceway closed, which is something we all do not want. We would appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time. We do encourage you all to download the COVIDSafe app
In these unusual times the return to on track activities comes with extra responsibilities to both you and your team and Willowbank Raceway. Please note we will be inspected by independent agencies to ensure compliance, therefor, the onus is on all of us to comply. There will be no grey area when ensuring the rules and regulations are carried to the letter.
General Public Spectator information
- Tickets are now available online only
- Tickets will NOT be available at the gate on the day
- When purchasing multiple tickets, you MUST share the tickets with the other people attending so they can fill out their details and the ticket will be in their name.
- All tickets must be in the persons name that is attending, this includes children
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- All personnel must practice personal hygine and social distancing
All Life, Special, Fabulous 5, Season passholders wishing to attend the event must fill out the contact tracing form (link below), with the personnel attending under that pass number, and hand in at the gate on arrival
Contact Tracing Form - Life, Special, Fabulous 5 and Season passholders must fill this out and hand to the gate staff on arrival
Pit Allocations - Group 1 area - Updated 5/11/2020
Racer/crew entry to the event will be under the below conditions.
TIMES - event times will be confirmed the week of the event
Gates Open - 6AM
CAS - 6.30AM
On Track - 9.00AM
Everyone must vacate the facility 1 hour after the trophy presentation
Racer entry - $160
Crew passes - $20 each
There is a slight change to the entry process that you all need to be aware of, this is noted below
- Log onto our website and Enter event as per normal – nothing has changed here
- Once your entry is accepted in the office you will notice when you go to your members area and click Racers it goes to ‘My Entries’ page, this will show the events you have entered into.
- There is a new tab ‘Crew Passes’ click on this; it will take you to a page that has all your tickets (included in entry and purchased ones) Tickets are only available 14 days prior to the event
- You must share your tickets with your crew/spectators, they will be required to fill out their details including the COVID questions and then they will receive the e-ticket
- Each person (including driver/rider) will need to have their e-ticket in their name to scan through the gate. This can either be printed or on a smartphone
- You the driver/rider will still need to collect your envelope at the gate, this will have your allocated crew tickets to collect your armbands from scrutineering
This process will replace the current contact tracing form that you needed to email to the office prior to the event. We will now have everyone’s details scanned into the system on race day. This is also the same process for spectators, everyone just needs to share the tickets to the person that will be attending on the day.
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE DUE TO ANY NEW GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT MAY ARISE. WE WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS WE HAVE ANY CHANGES OF INFORMATION
- All persons entering Willowbank Raceway on the event day must hold a pre-purchased entry or crew e-ticket and must be the named person on the ticket.
- All persons must stop at the gate on arrival, so our officials can scan your e-ticket
- All entries will be online only. No on day entry will be accepted.
- All crew passes must be purchased online with your entry. If you turn up at the gate and do not have a pre purchased entry or crew pass you will not be allowed entry under any circumstances
- Children 13 and under are admitted free and must be written on the contact tracing form. This is necessary as every person onsite including a child must be written on the contact tracing form. It is the responsibility of the entrant that all children must abide by rules and regulations the same as all other personnel.
- Entries will close midnight Sunday prior to the Event
- Once an entry is received and processed by the office the entrant will have their e-tickets (all included in entry and purchased) in their members area and must share them with their crew/spectators. The persons named on the tickets must be the ones that turn up on the day and cannot be changed.
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- No late entries can be accepted
- If at the close of entries, we do not have enough to make the event viable we will cancel it and refund the entries received for that date only
- Entries will not be refundable
- Entries will not be credited for any reason unless Willowbank Raceway cancels the event, or the competitor has a valid medical reason.
- Entry to the facility is only on event day, no one will be permitted onsite the night before or permitted to stay onsite overnight after the event closure.
- All participants must practice personal hygiene and social distancing practices.
To reduce inter-personal contact, no cash will be accepted at the event.
FINAL Round - 7th November 2020
Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws, Serco QDRC Comp Bike, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Top Sportsman, Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster - JTS Supercomp
17th October 2020
Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Top Sportsman, Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster
5th September 2020
Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws, Serco QDRC Comp Bike, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Top Sportsman, Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster
8th August 2020
Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Top Sportsman, Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster
11th July 2020
Serco QDRC Comp Bike, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Top Sportsman, Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster
Entry – All QDRC events are Pre-entries only.
Entries will be available on the website until Midnight the Sunday prior to the event. Any entries received after the cut off may not be accepted, if accepted a $250 fee will be charged. Entries will not be accepted on the day.
All Entrants must hold a current permanent IHRA Drag Racing Licence.
Please Note: Competitors are NOT permitted to enter Willowbank Raceway prior to the event day.
- Sportsman - $160 which includes driver and 1 crew.
- QDRC Comp Bike - $160 which includes rider and 1 crew.
- Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws - $250 which includes driver and 4 crew.
- JTS Supercomp (7th November only) - $250 which includes driver and 4 crew.
- Testing - $160 includes driver/rider and 1 crew
- Extra Crew - $20 (can only be purchased at time of entering the event)
Racing times can vary depending on entrant numbers - Please check racing schedules for each date.
CAS/ Audit - CAS and audit will be completed at the Scrutineering Shed.
All Brackets will be seeded on their reaction time in their first qualifier (except QDRC Comp Bike and Supercomp (Final round only), which will be seeded as per IHRA rules). The relevant cut offs for brackets will still apply eg. Junior Dragster 8.00 – A/JD, 8.60 – B/JD, 12.00 – C/JD. If you run quicker than your respective cut off you will be placed at the bottom of the field regardless of your reaction time. Super Street 10.00
Qualifying for the Final Round ONLY will be as per the Australian IHRA rules and not seeded by the reaction time in their first qualifier.
In the case of more than one bye run, due to breakage or no show, Willowbank officials have the right to pair up regardless of seeding sheets. In the event of multiple breakages requiring unscheduled bye runs to be paired, the highest qualified competitor, that has not already had a bye run, from the unscheduled bye runs will be awarded the bye for that round.
- Comp Bike - to run off a QDRC record
- JTS Supercomp (final round only) - to run off the IHRA national record + .5 and will run as per IHRA index system
- Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws – includes supercharged, nitrous and turbo vehicles with V8 engines only, running 0 – 7.99 (vehicles running slower than 7.99 may be put in the field if less than 32 but must dial in 7.99 or quicker) Bracket Format
- Knijff Earthmoving Modified – as per Australian IHRA rules
- Top Sportsman 0 - 8.99
- Super Sedan – 9.00-10.99
- Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike – as per Australian IHRA rules
- Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street – 10.00-12.99 as per Australian IHRA rules - Street Vehicle Rules
- Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster - as per Australian IHRA rules
QDRC Comp Bike will run 3 qualifiers and eliminations plus the Bonus rounds, all other brackets will run 3 qualifiers and a 3 Round Shootout Plus Final.
The final round, all brackets will be run as Eliminations.
Lane Choice: Comp Bike and Supercomp (final round only) lane choice in the 1st round will go to the higher qualified competitor, for all other rounds it will go to the competitor furtherest under or closest to their QDRC record from their previous round of racing. For all other bracket’s lane choice in the 1st round will go to the higher qualified competitor, for all other rounds it will go to the competitor with the lowest dial in for that round.
QDRC Points awarded as below
- Refer QDRC Regulations for minimum number of entrants for points/prize money to be awarded
In Elimination Style formats:
- Five points for qualifying.
- Five points for each round win in eliminations
- Three points for a loss
QDRC Comp Bike will have a bonus bracket for the first 2 round losers and the points will be
- Three points for a win
- Two points for a loss
In Three Round Shootout Plus Final format:
- Five points for qualifying.
- Five points for each round win.
- Two points for each round lose.
· Refer Track Championship Regulations for minimum number of entrants for points/ prizemoney to be awarded.
QDRC Comp Bike $300 / $200 = $500
QDRC Outlaws As per entry scale
Modified $200 / $100 = $300
Super Sedan $200 / $100 = $300
Modified Bike $100 / $ 50 = $150
Super Street $100 / $ 50 = $150
Junior Dragster $100 / $ 50 = $150
Top Sportsman $200 / $100 = $300