Queensland Drag Racing Championship
The Queensland Drag Racing Championships bring racers from all across the state to compete for a prestigious QDRC trophy and Track Champion status at Willowbank Raceway, delivering high-octane action for both racers and spectators.
Hosting championship racing for competitors across Serco QDRC Comp Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Mick's Towing Services Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster and Top Sportsman brackets, the QDRC hosts on average more than 120 racers per round, with no shortage of thrilling action.
Willowbank Raceway is very pleased to be able to return to larger events under the Queensland Government approved COVID Safe Plan. We will proceed with some events with a raft of changes to the event structure to protect our participants, volunteer officials and event staff while complying with the government health regulations.
Please understand that this is an unprecedented time for all of us as we work to provide participants the opportunity to race their vehicles at events conducted within extremely tight constraints. The only alternative to the conditions outlined below would be to keep the Raceway closed, which is something we all do not want. We would appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time. We do encourage you all to download the COVIDSafe app
In these unusual times the return to on track activities comes with extra responsibilities to both you and your team and Willowbank Raceway. Please note we will be inspected by independent agencies to ensure compliance, therefor, the onus is on all of us to comply. There will be no grey area when ensuring the rules and regulations are carried to the letter.
General Public Spectator information will be provided as soon as we have clear guidelines from the government after the Premier’s announcement today (30/06/2020)
Contact Tracing Form - All competitors must fill this out and return to the office
Racer/crew entry to the event will be under the below conditions.
Gates Open - 7am
On Track - 9am
Everyone must vacate the facility 1 hour after the trophy presentation
Racer entry - $160
Crew passes - $20 each
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE DUE TO THE GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY (30/06/2020) WE WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS WE HAVE ANY MORE INFORMATION
- All persons entering Willowbank Raceway on the event day must hold a pre-purchased entry or crew pass and must be the one listed on the contact tracing form.
- All persons must stop at the gate on arrival and departure, so our officials can note your time in and time out
- All entries will be online only. No on day entry will be accepted.
- All crew passes must be purchased online with your entry. If you turn up at the gate and do not have a pre purchased entry or crew pass you will not be allowed entry under any circumstances
- Children 13 and under are admitted free and must be written on the contact tracing form. This is necessary as every person onsite including a child must be written on the contact tracing form. It is the responsibility of the entrant that all children must abide by rules and regulations the same as all other personnel.
- Entries will close midnight Sunday prior to the Event
- Once an entry is received and processed by the office the entrant will receive a contact tracing form that must be filled out will all competitor/crew contact details, this form must be returned to the office by COB on the Wednesday prior to the event. The persons listed must be the ones that turn up on the day and cannot be changed
- All competitors will be issued a pit allocation and they must pit within that area
- Competitors/crew from one entrant cannot co-mingle with competitors/crew from another entrant
- Competitors/crew must maintain a minimum of 5-meter distance from another competitors/crew throughout the facility including the staging lanes
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- Competitors/crew are not permitted to spectate, once your vehicle has run you all must return to your allocated pit area
- No late entries can be accepted
- If at the close of entries, we do not have enough to make the event viable we will cancel it and refund the entries received for that date only
- Entries will not be refundable
- Entries will not be credited for any reason unless Willowbank Raceway cancels the event, or the competitor has a valid medical reason.
- Entry to the facility is only on event day, no one will be permitted onsite the night before or permitted to stay onsite overnight after the event closure.
- All participants must practice personal hygiene and social distancing practices.
Due to the number of Covid-19 infections in Victoria, at this time, we will not be accepting any entry from a Victorian resident due to Queensland government regulations and the mandatory 14 day isolation period after crossing the Queensland border. We will review this restriction on an ongoing basis and will amend our requirements in line with Queensland government changes.
To reduce inter-personal contact, no cash will be accepted at the event.
Competitor Gates 7am
On track from 9am
11th July 2020
Serco QDRC Comp Bike, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Top Sportsman, Mick's Towing Services Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster
8th August 2020
Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Top Sportsman, Mick's Towing Services Super Sedan, Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street, Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster
Entry – All QDRC events are Pre-entries only.
Entries will be available on the website until Midnight the Sunday prior to the event. Any entries received after the cut off may not be accepted, if accepted a $250 fee will be charged. Entries will not be accepted on the day.
All Entrants must hold a current permanent IHRA Drag Racing Licence.
Please Note: Competitors are NOT permitted to enter Willowbank Raceway prior to the event day.
- Sportsman - $160 which includes driver and 1 crew.
- QDRC Comp Bike - $160 which includes rider and 1 crew.
- Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws - $235 which includes driver and 4 crew.
- Testing - $160 includes driver/rider and 1 crew
- Extra Crew - $20 (can only be purchased at time of entering the event)
Racing times can vary depending on entrant numbers - Please check racing schedules for each date.
CAS/ Audit - CAS and audit will be completed at the Scrutineering Shed.
All Brackets will be seeded on their reaction time in their first qualifier (except QDRC Comp Bike, which will be seeded as per IHRA rules). The relevant cut offs for brackets will still apply eg. Junior Dragster 8.00 – A/JD, 8.60 – B/JD, 12.00 – C/JD. If you run quicker than your respective cut off you will be placed at the bottom of the field regardless of your reaction time. Super Street 10.00
Qualifying for the Final Round ONLY will be as per the Australian IHRA rules and not seeded by the reaction time in their first qualifier.
In the case of more than one bye run, due to breakage or no show, Willowbank officials have the right to pair up regardless of seeding sheets. In the event of multiple breakages requiring unscheduled bye runs to be paired, the highest qualified competitor, that has not already had a bye run, from the unscheduled bye runs will be awarded the bye for that round.
- Comp Bike - to run off a QDRC record
- Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws – includes supercharged, nitrous and turbo vehicles with V8 engines only, running 0 – 7.99 (vehicles running slower than 7.99 may be put in the field if less than 32 but must dial in 7.99 or quicker) Bracket Format
- Knijff Earthmoving Modified – as per Australian IHRA rules
- Top Sportsman 0 - 8.99
- Super Sedan – 9.00-10.99
- Lifestyle Injury Lawyers Modified Bike – as per Australian IHRA rules
- Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street – 10.00-12.99 as per Australian IHRA rules - Street Vehicle Rules
- Donnelly Blasting Services Junior Dragster - as per Australian IHRA rules
QDRC Comp Bike will run 3 qualifiers and eliminations plus the Bonus rounds, all other brackets will run 3 qualifiers and a 3 Round Shootout Plus Final. The final round, all brackets will be run as Eliminations.
Lane Choice: Comp Bike lane choice in the 1st round will go to the higher qualified competitor, for all other rounds it will go to the competitor furtherest under or closest to their QDRC record from their previous round of racing. For all other bracket’s lane choice in the 1st round will go to the higher qualified competitor, for all other rounds it will go to the competitor with the lowest dial in for that round.
QDRC Points awarded as below
- Refer QDRC Regulations for minimum number of entrants for points/prize money to be awarded
In Elimination Style formats:
- Five points for qualifying.
- Five points for each round win in eliminations
- Three points for a loss
QDRC Comp Bike will have a bonus bracket for the first 2 round losers and the points will be
- Three points for a win
- Two points for a loss
In Three Round Shootout Plus Final format:
- Five points for qualifying.
- Five points for each round win.
- Two points for each round lose.
· Refer Track Championship Regulations for minimum number of entrants for points/ prizemoney to be awarded.
QDRC Comp Bike $300 / $200 = $500
QDRC Outlaws As per entry scale
Modified $200 / $100 = $300
Super Sedan $200 / $100 = $300
Modified Bike $100 / $ 50 = $150
Super Street $100 / $ 50 = $150
Junior Dragster $100 / $ 50 = $150
Top Sportsman $200 / $100 = $300