Student (with ID)
Kids under 13 - FREE
27 February 2016
Are you aching for all the action of yesteryear? An old-school purist, a rockabilly aficionado, or just a fan of all things ‘cool’?
Then the Cruzin Magazine Nostalgia Drags & Hotrod Reunion at Willowbank Raceway are for you! Hundreds of amazing machines of yesteryear on two and four wheels will descend on Queensland’s premier drag racing facility to keep you entertained on the track, while plenty of off-track entertainment ensures there is never a dull moment.
From the Shannons Show and Shine to trade stalls and more, there is no shortage of colour, action and downright retro ‘awesomeness’ to keep you and the whole family entertained.
With admission just $25.00 for adults (just $20.00 for students with ID) and children aged 13 and under gaining FREE admission, Nostalgia drag racing at Willowbank Raceway is a fun and affordable day out for all the family.
Want to not only watch but also take part? Check out the info below – participation in the Show and Shine is free with your admission, with some great prizes on offer!
* Race Schedule
* Entry List
The Shannon'sShow & Shine will be bigger and better than ever at the Cruzin Magazine Nostalgia Drags and Hotrod Reunion!
|Best Australian Vehicle
|Best USA Vehicle
|Best Hot Rod
||Best Muscle Car
||Best Standard Paint
||Best Custom Paint
||Best in Show
||Best Represented Car Club
||Best American Bike
No extra cost on your admission fee. Entry forms available at the Show & Shine area from 2:00pm, with the Show & Shine beginning at 3:00pm.
The Show & Shine will be located in the group 1 pits, offering entrants a prime location to display their cars.
Gates open 7:00am
Competitor CAS from 1:00pm
Qualifying from 3:00pm
Show & Shine from 3:00pm
February 27th - Pre-entries will be available on the Willowbank website until 5pm Friday 19th February. No on day entries will be accepted
August 14th - Pre-entries will be available on the Willowbank website until 5pm Friday 5th August. No on day entries will be accepted
$110 Driver plus 1 crew
Additional Crew passes $20 for the event purchased at time of entry only
Spectators $25 per Adult per day, Students with ID $20 per day, kids 13 & under are free.
Collection of Entry forms will be in the competitors envelope at the gate, CAS, armbands and audits will be completed at the Scrutineering shed
- TOP ELIMINATOR (TE) All Blown Alcohol FEDs, Altereds and Funny Cars
- WILD BUNCH (WB) All Blown Alcohol Sedans - includes Nitrous & Turbocharged (Pre 1978 Bodies)
- VINTAGE GAS (VG) Period correct Gassers - Regulations
- TOP GAS (TG) All Naturally Aspirated Super Sedans (Pre 1978 Bodies)
- MIDDLE ELIMINATOR (ME) All Naturally Aspirated Front Engine Dragsters and Altereds
- HOT ROD (HR) All Pre 1948 Hot Rods and Street Rods
- NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK
Pre 1978 Tin Top Vehicles Clutch type Manual Transmission ONLY and NO Electronic driver aids.
(*See Below for further Clarification)
NSS/AA V8 Chemical or Mechanical Supercharged
NSS/A V8 Naturally Aspirated
NSS/BB 6 cyl and Rotary Chemical or Mechanical Supercharged
NSS/B 6 cyl and Rotary Naturally Aspirated
- STOCK (ST) Australian and American Muscle Cars (Pre 1978 Bodies)
- STREET MACHINE (SM) Australian and American Cars that don't fit STOCK eg VW (Pre 1978 Bodies)
- HAMBster (HA/GR) Purpose built HAMBsters
- CLASSIC BIKE (CB) All Motorcycles pre 1985
Racing Eliminations / Chicago Shootout – depending on bracket
There will be an A and B final at each round
There will be No seeding in racing, all competitors in each bracket will be paired up as they arrive in the staging lanes. It is the competitors’ responsibility to make sure they do not run the same competitor twice if your bracket is running Chicago shootout. Bye runs will be selected at random by the Willowbank Officials.
- All vehicles must be pre 78 manufacture date (Aussie Vehicles must be mass produced by 1978 and American Vehicles must be manufactured by 1978)
- No rear engine dragsters allowed
- No Electronics are permitted, except Trans Brakes and Data Loggers as long as they have no control over the vehicles performance. All Electronics must be removed from a vehicle or proven to be totally disabled prior to scrutineering. Anyone found to be in breach of this rule will be disqualified from the event.
- Willowbank Raceway Track Regulations and or IHRA safety regulations will apply.