Are you aching for all the action of yesteryear? An old-school purist, a rockabilly aficionado, or just a fan of all things ‘cool’?
Saturday October 9, 2021
Then the PWR Nostalgia Drags at Willowbank Raceway are for you! Hundreds of amazing machines of yesteryear on two and four wheels will descend on Queensland’s premier drag racing facility to keep you entertained on the track.
With the Shannons Show & Shine, there is no shortage of colour, action and downright retro ‘awesomeness’ to keep you and the whole family entertained.
If you want to be part of the event, check out the info below for participation in the Shannons Show & Shine - Free with your admission.
General Admission - Online
Adults - $25**
Students & Concession with ID - $20** (Concession prices/tickets are for Age & Disability pension card holders with "in date" ID only)
Children 13 years and under are required to hold a ticket**
** all tickets are subject to a non-refundable $2 processing fee
General Admission – On the day at the gate
Adults - $30#
Students & Concession with ID - $25# (Concession prices/tickets are for Age & Disability pension card holders with "in date" ID only)
Children 13 years and under - $5#
# all tickets include a non-refundable $2 processing fee
- Concession prices - age & disability pension, DVA white & gold cards. Photo ID is required on entry
- Food & Drink are permitted with the exception of glass or alcohol
Gates open: 10:00am
Show & Shine: 12:00 to 2:00pm
Presentations: 3:00 pm
RACE SCHEDULE - ON THE TRACK
The Shannons Show & Shine will be bigger and better than ever at the PWR Nostalgia Drags!
The brackets on show include:
- Best Overall
- Best Muscle Car
- Best Hot Rod
- Best Motorcycle
- Best Paint
- Best Interior
No extra cost on your admission fee.
Entry forms available at the Shannons Show & Shine area from 12:00pm
Shannons Show & Shine commences at 12:00 to 2:00pm. Presentation of Trophies at 3:00pm
Shannons Show & Shine will be located in the pits, offering a prime location for all entrants to display their vehicles.
*Please see entry ticket process below*
Times - TBC closer to the event
Gates open 9:00am
Competitor CAS from 10:30am
Qualifying from 12:30pm
Show & Shine 12:00 to 2:00pm
Sunday October 3 at Midnight
$120 Driver plus 1 crew
Additional Crew passes $20 for the event purchased at time of entry only
*Entry ticket process*
Getting your tickets – each person, driver & crew must have an e-ticket
- Log onto our website and go to your members area and click ‘Racers’ it goes to ‘My Entries’ page, this will show the events you have entered into.
- There is a tab ‘Crew Passes’ next to the event you have entered click on this; it will take you to a page that has all your tickets (included driver/rider and purchased ones)
- You must share your extra tickets (1 ticket is yours) with your crew/spectators (this can be sent via mobile phone number or email address), they will be required to fill out their details including the COVID questions and then they will receive the e-ticket
- Each person (including driver/rider) will need to have their e-ticket in their name to scan through the gate. This can either be printed or on a smartphone
- You the driver/rider will still need to collect your envelope at the gate, this will have your entry form in it to fill out and take to scrutineering
Collection of Entry forms will be in the competitors envelope at the gate, CAS, armbands and audits will be completed at the Scrutineering Shed
- TOP ELIMINATOR (TE) All Blown Alcohol FEDs, Altereds and Funny Cars
- GAS DYO – 10.49 and quicker sedans
- US MUSCLE DYO – 10.50 an slower DYO
- AUSSIE MUSCLE DYO – 10.50 and slower DYO
- VINTAGE GAS (VG) Period correct Gassers - Regulations
- NOSTALGIA ELIMINATOR (NE) Era correct vehicles - Regulations
- MIDDLE ELIMINATOR (ME) All Naturally Aspirated Front Engine Dragsters and Altereds
- HOT ROD (HR) All Pre 1948 Hot Rods and Street Rods
- STREET MACHINE (SM) Australian and American Cars that don't fit US or Aussie Muscle eg VW (Pre 1978 Bodies)
- HAMBster (HA/GR) Purpose built HAMBsters
- CLASSIC BIKE (CB) All Motorcycles pre 1985
Racing Eliminations / Chicago Shootout – depending on bracket
There will be No seeding in racing, all competitors in each bracket will be paired up as they arrive in the staging lanes. It is the competitors’ responsibility to make sure they do not run the same competitor twice if your bracket is running Chicago shootout. Bye runs will be selected at random by the Willowbank Officials. The 2 best performance competitors will contest the final in each bracket.
- All vehicles must be pre 86 manufacture date (Aussie Vehicles must be mass produced by 1986 and American Vehicles must be manufactured by 1986)
- No rear engine dragsters allowed
- No Electronics are permitted, except Trans Brakes and Data Loggers as long as they have no control over the vehicle’s performance. All Electronics must be removed from a vehicle or proven to be totally disabled prior to scrutineering. Anyone found to be in breach of this rule will be disqualified from the event.
- Willowbank Raceway Track Regulations and or IHRA safety regulations will apply.