28th Annual Street Series
This year Willowbank Raceway celebrates the 28th Annual Street Series! Here’s your opportunity to take part in one of the popular racing series in QLD. Get yourself into the series and compete in 7 rounds (plus the finals)
With the inception of Real Street to the IHRA Australia brackets this year we have decided to revamp the Street Series.
There will be 4 championships available in 2021, OldSkool, NewSkool, Powder Puff and Street Bike. This is explained under the Competitor information below.
If you have not run in the Street Series before and you wish to earn points for the series you will need to register. This can be done via the Street Series Information and Invitation link below.
Willowbank Raceway is very pleased to be able run events under the Queensland Government approved COVID Safe Plan. We will proceed with events with a raft of changes to the event structure to protect our participants, volunteer officials and event staff while complying with the government health regulations.
Please understand that this is an unprecedented time for all of us as we work to provide participants the opportunity to race their vehicles at events conducted within extremely tight constraints. The only alternative to the conditions outlined below would be to keep the Raceway closed, which is something we all do not want. We would appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time. We do encourage you all to download the COVIDSafe app
In these unusual times the return to on track activities comes with extra responsibilities to both you and your team and Willowbank Raceway. Please note we will be inspected by independent agencies to ensure compliance, therefore, the onus is on all of us to comply. There is no grey area when ensuring the rules and regulations are carried to the letter.
General Public Spectator information
Adults - $20
Students/Concession - $18
Kids 13 and under are admitted free – all kids must have an e-ticket which is available online only
- Tickets are now available online only
- Tickets will NOT be available at the gate on the day
- When purchasing multiple tickets, you MUST share the tickets with the other people attending so they can fill out their details and the ticket will be in their name.
- All tickets must be in the persons name that is attending, this includes children
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- All personnel must practice personal hygiene and social distancing
All Life, Special, Fabulous 5, Season passholders wishing to attend the event must fill out the contact tracing form (link below), with the personnel attending under that pass number, and hand in at the gate on arrival on the day
- Gates Open - 3pm
- Time Trials - 3.30pm to 6:30pm
- Racing - 7:00pm
- Times are estimates and may change on the day depending on entry numbers
Racer/crew entry to the event will be under the below conditions.
Racer entry - $65
Crew passes - $20 each
- Log onto our website and Enter event as per normal – nothing has changed here
- Once your entry is accepted in the office you will notice when you go to your members area and click Racers it goes to ‘My Entries’ page, this will show the events you have entered into.
- There is a new tab ‘Crew Passes’ click on this; it will take you to a page that has all your tickets (included in entry and purchased ones) Tickets are only available 14 days prior to the event
- You must share your extra tickets with your crew/spectators, they will be required to fill out their details including the COVID questions and then they will receive the e-ticket.
- You must keep 1 of the etickets for yourself (driver/rider)
- Each person (including driver/rider) will need to have their e-ticket in their name to scan through the gate. This can either be printed or on a smartphone
- You the driver/rider will still need to collect your envelope at the gate, this will have your entry form in it to fill out and take to scrutineering
- Entry to the facility is only on event day, no one will be permitted onsite the night before or permitted to stay onsite overnight after the event closure.
- All participants are encouraged to practice appropriate personal hygiene and sensible social distancing practices. Ample pit area is available to allow teams to spread out with plenty of space between.
- To reduce inter-personal contact, no cash will be accepted by catering outlets at the event. (Card/PayWave only)
- Must run treaded DOT tyres, tyres marked NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE are strictly forbidden
- Must run full exhaust
- Must run full interior
- No after-market electronics with the exception of computers for EFI cars. Excluded items include line-locks, transbrakes, two steps, throttle stops, delay boxes etc.
- Must run 9.50 or slower.
- Bikes must be foot shifted.
- Extended swingarms and wheelie bars are not permitted.
Series Rules: All competitors will be permitted to run in one of the following Series and points earned in that series will not transfer to another series if the competitor chooses to change:
There will be a Grudge lane open after first round of racing, this will be open for a limited period of time during the night, and will only be open to competitors that have lost a round of racing.
The four series to earn points will be:
NewSkool Street Sedan Series: Open to all cars that have a factory compliance of no more than 25 years from commencement of year of series (ie. 2021 series is for 1996 and newer compliance vehicles). This 25 year benchmark will move every year to keep vehicles current
- Quick 9.00 – 12.99, (vehicles quicker than 10.50 must comply with the IHRA Real Street rules and regulations)
- Hot Street 13.00 – 14.99, and
- Street 15.00 and slower.
Cars will earn points in each Bracket to form part of the New Skool Street Series. These brackets (Quick, Hot Street or Street) will be listed separately on the points table after each event. If you choose to change your bracket during the season, the points you have earned prior to that round will stay in the original bracket you had entered under, and this round points will be listed under the new contested bracket.
OldSkool Street Sedan Series: Open to all cars that have a factory compliance of more than 25 years from commencement of year of series (ie. 2021 series is for 1995 and older compliance vehicles). This 25-year benchmark will move every year to keep vehicles year models current
Street Powder Puff Series: Open to ladies only. Ladies who choose to run the Powder Puff Series are not permitted to run the same vehicle in the Street or Bike Series. A vehicle competing in Street Sedan or Street Bike series driven by another person may compete with a different lady driver in the Street Powder Puff Series. Vehicles must fit within the all rules and regulations
Street Bike Series: Open to all bikes 9.50 and slower.
Points & Results
Street Series Information and Invitation
Street Series Rules and Regulations
Street Vehicle Drag Racing Regulations
If you do not have a current IHRA licence or membership, you will need to purchase a $5 day licence at the track at each event.
The finals of the 2021 Street Series will be run at the QDRC Finals on November 20, 2021
Street vehicle regulations
While Willowbank Raceway has introduced Street vehicles regulations, Willowbank Raceway is operating all events including Test n Tune and Street Series as an IHRA member track and all IHRA licenced vehicles /driver/riders must abide by the current IHRA Australian rule book at all Events.