The Infamous Diesel Assault is returning in 2020 - 5th December. This will be run on a Saturday night with Gates opening at 4pm for on track action from 4.30pm
If you have a Diesel-Powered vehicle then this is the event for you...
Please Note: This event is for Diesel vehicles ONLY.
Thanks to the amazing support from GSL - they are offering prizemoney for 4 brackets as below (click here for flyer)
$500 - Fastest TD
$500 - Fastest Cruiser
$500 - Fastest 4cyl
$500 - Fastest American
All to be Diesel Powered vehicles
Willowbank Raceway is very pleased to be able to return to larger testing events under the Queensland Government approved COVID Safe Plan. We will proceed with some events with a raft of changes to the event structure to protect our participants, volunteer officials and event staff while complying with the government health regulations.
Please understand that this is an unprecedented time for all of us as we work to provide participants the opportunity to race their vehicles at events conducted within extremely tight constraints. The only alternative to the conditions outlined below would be to keep the Raceway closed, which is something we all do not want. We would appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time. We do encourage you all to download the COVIDSafe app
In these unusual times the return to on track activities comes with extra responsibilities to both you and your team and Willowbank Raceway. Please note we will be inspected by independent agencies to ensure compliance, therefor, the onus is on all of us to comply. There will be no grey area when ensuring the rules and regulations are carried to the letter.
General Public Spectator information
- Tickets are available online only
- Tickets will NOT be available at the gate on the day
- When purchasing multiple tickets, you MUST share the tickets with the other people attending so they can fill out their details and the ticket will be in their name.
- All tickets must be in the persons name that is attending, this includes children
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- All personnel must practice personal hygiene and social distancing
All Life, Special, Fabulous 5, Season passholders wishing to attend the event must fill out the contact tracing form (link below), with the personnel attending under that pass number, and hand in at the gate on arrival on the day
Contact Tracing form
- Gates open 4pm
- On track 4.30pm
- Finish 9pm (all competitors must vacate by 10pm)
All entries must be done online by the Sunday prior to the event date. To enter you need to log in to the website and go to the 'Racer' tab and click 'Enter Race' this will take you to the events open for entry.
Racer/crew entry to the event will be under the below conditions.
Racer entry - $20
Crew passes - $20 each
There is a slight change to the entry process that you all need to be aware of, this is noted below
- Log onto our website and Enter event
- Once your entry is accepted in the office you will notice when you go to your members area and click Racers it goes to ‘My Entries’ page, this will show the events you have entered into.
- There is a new tab ‘Crew Passes’ click on this; it will take you to a page that has all your tickets (included in entry and purchased ones) Tickets are only available 14 days prior to the event
- You will need to update your details by answering the COVID question before your tickets will be available
- You must share your extra tickets with your crew/spectators, they will be required to fill out their details including the COVID questions and then they will receive the e-ticket.
- You must keep 1 of the etickets for yourself (driver/rider)
- Each person (including driver/rider) will need to have their e-ticket in their name to scan through the gate. This can either be printed or on a smartphone
- You the driver/rider will still need to collect your envelope at the gate, this will have your allocated crew tickets to collect your armbands from scrutineering
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE DUE TO ANY NEW GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT MAY ARISE. WE WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS WE HAVE ANY CHANGES OF INFORMATION
- All persons entering Willowbank Raceway on the event day must hold a pre-purchased entry or crew e-ticket and must be the named person on the ticket.
- All persons must stop at the gate on arrival, so our officials can scan your e-ticket
- All entries will be online only. No on day entry will be accepted.
- All crew passes must be purchased online with your entry or as a spectator ticket. If you turn up at the gate and do not have a pre purchased entry or crew pass you will not be allowed entry under any circumstances
- Children 13 and under are admitted free and must be written on the contact tracing form or have an e-ticket. This is necessary as every person onsite including a child must be noted in the system for each event. It is the responsibility of the entrant that all children must abide by rules and regulations the same as all other personnel.
- Entries will close midnight Sunday prior to the Event
- Once an entry is received and processed by the office the entrant will have their e-tickets (all included in entry and purchased) in their members area and must share them with their crew/spectators. The persons named on the tickets must be the ones that turn up on the day and cannot be changed.
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- No late entries can be accepted
- If at the close of entries, we do not have enough to make the event viable we will cancel it and refund the entries received for that date only
- Entries will not be refundable
- Entries will not be credited for any reason unless Willowbank Raceway cancels the event, or the competitor has a valid medical reason.
- Entry to the facility is only on event day, no one will be permitted onsite the night before or permitted to stay onsite overnight after the event closure.
- All participants must practice personal hygiene and social distancing practices.
To reduce inter-personal contact, no cash will be accepted at the event.
Street Vehicle Drag Racing Regulations
While Willowbank Raceway has introduced Street vehicles regulations, Willowbank Raceway is operating all events including Test n Tunes and Street Series as an IHRA member track and all IHRA licenced vehicles /driver/riders must abide by the current IHRA Australian rule book at all Events.
- Helmet Requirements - IHRA licence holder is to abide by the current IHRA rule book at any event. At Test'n'Tunes, Street Series and Diesel Assault events all entrants must meet the minimum standard that can be found here
- Purpose built race vehicles, cars quicker than 10.00 and motorcycles quicker than 9.50 must comply with the relevant IHRA Class and Safety regulations pertaining to the vehicles
Any non IHRA licenced street vehicle running quicker than 10.50 WILL NOT receive their time slip