Willowbank Raceway is very pleased to be able to return to larger testing events under the Queensland Government approved COVID Safe Plan. We will proceed with some events with a raft of changes to the event structure to protect our participants, volunteer officials and event staff while complying with the government health regulations.
Please understand that this is an unprecedented time for all of us as we work to provide participants the opportunity to race their vehicles at events conducted within extremely tight constraints. The only alternative to the conditions outlined below would be to keep the Raceway closed, which is something we all do not want. We would appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time. We do encourage you all to download the COVIDSafe app
In these unusual times the return to on track activities comes with extra responsibilities to both you and your team and Willowbank Raceway. Please note we will be inspected by independent agencies to ensure compliance, therefor, the onus is on all of us to comply. There will be no grey area when ensuring the rules and regulations are carried to the letter.
General Public Spectators will not be permitted at this event. The grandstands and all viewing areas are closed during this stage and all crew members must stay in your allocated pit area unless you are out for a run or using the amenities.
Willowbank Raceway Life Pass and Sponsor and Special Pass holders can attend the event with a competitor but must notify the Raceway Office via email of their intention to attend prior to the close of entries so they can be included in the attendance contact tracing record.
You can bring your friends as long as you have pre purchased a crew ticket for them with your entry online
Due to the number of Covid-19 infections in Victoria, at this time, we will not be accepting any entry from known Covid hotspots within Victoria due to Queensland government regulations and the mandatory 14 day isolation period after crossing the Queensland border. We will review this restriction on an ongoing basis and will amend our requirements in line with Queensland government changes.
Racer/crew entry to the event will be under the below conditions.
Racer entry - $60
Crew passes - $20 each
- All persons entering Willowbank Raceway on the event day must hold a pre-purchased entry or crew pass and must be the one listed on the contact tracing form.
- All persons must stop at the gate on arrival and departure, so our officials can note your time in and time out
- All entries will be online only. No on day entry will be accepted.
- All crew passes must be purchased online with your entry. If you turn up at the gate and do not have a pre purchased entry or crew pass you will not be allowed entry under any circumstances
- Children 13 and under are admitted free and must be written on the contact tracing form. This is necessary as every person onsite including a child must be written on the contact tracing form. It is the responsibility of the entrant that all children must abide by rules and regulations the same as all other personnel.
- Entries will close midnight Sunday prior to the Event
- Once an entry is received and processed by the office the entrant will receive a contact tracing form that must be filled out will all competitor/crew contact details, this form must be returned to the office by COB on the Wednesday prior to the event. The persons listed must be the ones that turn up on the day and cannot be changed
- All competitors will be issued a pit allocation and they must pit within that area
- Competitors/crew from one entrant cannot co-mingle with competitors/crew from another entrant
- Competitors/crew must maintain a minimum of 5-meter distance from another competitors/crew throughout the facility including the staging lanes
- Anyone that is unwell must not attend the event
- Competitors/crew are not permitted to spectate, once your vehicle has run you all must return to your allocated pit area
- No late entries can be accepted
- If at the close of entries, we do not have enough to make the event viable we will cancel it and refund the entries received for that date only
- Entries will not be refundable
- Entries will not be credited for any reason unless Willowbank Raceway cancels the event, or the competitor has a valid medical reason.
- Entry to the facility is only on event day, no one will be permitted onsite the night before or permitted to stay onsite overnight after the event closure.
- All participants must practice personal hygiene and social distancing practices.
To reduce inter-personal contact, no cash will be accepted at the event.
Street Vehicle Drag Racing Regulations
While Willowbank Raceway has introduced Street vehicles regulations, Willowbank Raceway is operating all events including Test n Tunes and Street Series as an IHRA member track and all IHRA licenced vehicles /driver/riders must abide by the current IHRA Australian rule book at all Events.
- Helmet Requirements - IHRA licence holder is to abide by the current IHRA rule book at any event. At Test'n'Tunes and Street Series events all entrants must meet the minimum standard that can be found here
- Purpose built race vehicles, cars quicker than 10.00 and motorcycles quicker than 9.50 must comply with the relevant IHRA Class and Safety regulations pertaining to the vehicles
- Any non IHRA licenced street vehicle running quicker than 10.50 WILL NOT receive their time slip